Saturday, July 21, 2012

Silver Leaf Yuroz

At Off the Wall Gallery, we are so lucky to have the artists we have, the new work they bring in here is always something to "ohh" and "ahhh" over. We recently have some new works by Yuroz. These particular pieces we are rather excited to have because of the light they manage to bring into a room. Inspired by Renaissance Italy, Yuroz uses a method which involves silver leaf drawings on wood panels. 


Yuroz explains his inspirations for the works, "It all began several years ago when I came across a line of designer furniture that featured what was called a Venetian silver finish," explains Yuroz, whose boundless creativity has excited collectors for almost three decades. "The elegance of the silver color and softness of the reflected light created a beautifully aged look. When I slid my hand across the surface of a finely polished coffee table, I knew immediately that I had to learn how to make this for myself. I began to research this historical process with the help of experts and discovered a wealth of information that has lent a fresh new dimension to my work."



We hope you come by the gallery to enjoy these timeless pieces, and perhaps you might leave with something stunning for your space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment